ABC/ESPN does its seemingly annual broadcasting shuffle:
- Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit, & Lisa Salters (primetime)
- Brad Nessler, Bob Griese, Paul Maguire, & Bonnie Bernstein (top afternoon game)
- Ron Franklin, Ed Cunningham, & Jack Arute (Big XII)
- Dan Fouts, Tim Brant, & Todd Harris (West Coast)
- Terry Gannon, David Norrie, & Jeanine Edwards (select games)
- Mike Patrick, Todd Blackledge, & Holly Rowe (ESPN Saturday Primetime)
- Chris Fowler, Doug Flutie, Craig James, & Erin Andrews (ESPN Thursday Primetime)
- Mark Jones, Bob Davie, & Stacey Dales (ESPN2 Saturday Primetime)
- Dave Pasch, Andre Ware, & Erin Andrews (ESPN Saturday Noon)
- Sean McDonough, Chris Spielman, & Rob Stone (ESPN Friday Primetime)
- Pam Ward, analyst, reporter TBD (ESPN2 Saturday Noon)
- Rece Davis, Mark May, Lou Holtz, & Todd Harris or Rob Stone (ESPN mid-week games)
- Clay Matvick & Kelly Stouffer (noon)
- Doug Bell & Charles Arbuckle (afternoon)
- Dave Armstrong & Mike Gottfried (primetime)
- Charlie Neal & Jay Walker (HBCU Thursday)
- Larry Coker as an analyst on select games
The whole concept of putting Paul Maguire on ABC’s prime afternoon game and relegating my man Ron Franklin to Big XII telecasts, where I’ll rarely hear him, just ain’t right.
Speaking of Franklin, his ex-partner Mike Gottfried continues to sink deeper into the mirk. I think the only level below ESPNU is The Ocho.
And it looks like none of the other kids want to play with Pam Ward.