According to this article, the University of Arkansas has agreed to a compensation package for a guy who has signed twenty years’ worth of contracts in the last eighteen months that is approximately $800,000 more per year than the amount currently received by Mark Richt for being the head coach at the University of Georgia.
Let’s take a second to recap, shall we?
- Number of BCS bowl appearances: Richt, three; Petrino, one.
- Number of SECCG appearances: Richt, three; Petrino, none. (yeah I know, but so what?)
- Number of final top 10 appearances: Richt, four; Petrino, two.
- Record in bowl games: Richt, 4-2; Petrino 2-2.
- Seasons as head coach: Richt, seven; Petrino, five and thirteen-sixteenths.
So Dink, given all that, if you ever sit down and have your “face to face” meeting with Richt, how do you think he’ll take your proposal to reduce his base salary to $500,000 and control his outside compensation?