One other thing we can say about this season: if you’re one of the top five college coaches in pay, you sure didn’t earn it on the field.
Courtesy of Coaches Hot Seat Blog, here’s the list.
- Charlie Weis ($4,000,000) – worst season in Notre Dame history.
- Bob Stoops ($3,620,000) – fourth BCS loss in a row.
- Nick Saban ($3,503,000) – narrowly avoided losing record with Independence Bowl win.
- Urban Meyer ($3,384,000) – four loss season.
- Kirk Ferentz ($3,030,000) – capped a 6-6 season with a loss to a 5-7 MAC team; no bowl.
Mark Richt is currently at #13 on that list. Contrary to Dink’s expectations, there’s probably a raise in MR’s future. He’s certainly had a better season than the above group. And is looking at better prospects for next year, for that matter.