I did this last year. It’s one brief last look back at the past season for the conference based on my personal perspective of what I heard and saw in the media and from fans.
- Preseason: Defending national champs rule! The young defense doesn’t matter.
- Midseason: Tebow is Superman. The young defense doesn’t matter.
- End of season: How ’bout that Heisman.
- Preseason: Can you win nine games in the SEC without an offensive line?
- Midseason: Please, God, not again.
- End of season: What got into these guys? And will it get into them again next year?
- Preseason: This could be the year.
- Midseason: Down goes LSU!
- End of season: This wasn’t the year.
- Preseason: Spurrier’s a genius.
- Midseason: Spurrier’s a frickin’ genius.
- End of season: Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
- Preseason: They should contend for the SEC East title.
- Midseason: Fulmer sends Richt a thank you box of doughnuts.
- End of season: When you play in the SECCG despite giving up more points in the conference than you scored, it’s safe to say you’ve gotten a few breaks.
- Preseason: A bowl game – maybe.
- Midseason: Is there enough in the tank?
- End of season: They’ll always have Columbia.
- Preseason: There’s a new sheriff in town, brotha.
- Midseason: 8-0, babee!
- End of season: A lot of money for a one game improvement over Shula.
- Preseason: MacFadden plus the second weakest schedule for any BCS conference school = 10 wins.
- Midseason: No Marcus Monk = 8 wins.
- End of season: Did you hear about the new coach?
- Preseason: Senior quarterbacks mean good things for Auburn.
- Midseason: Gator chomp, my ass.
- End of season: Doing the coordinator shuffle. Again.
- Preseason: Absolutely loaded. Decent chance to go undefeated.
- Midseason: You could see it coming.
- End of season: With a couple of breaks, they get over the hump. When healthy, the nation’s best team.
- Preseason: Coach O can recruit, but can he coach?
- Midseason: Coach O can recruit, but can he coach?
- End of season: No.
- Preseason: That’s one bad looking offense.
- Midseason: Don’t turn the ball over to this team, or you’ll pay for it.
- End of season: The man can coach a little.