Random goodies to check out this AM:
- The Quad turns its eye to #17 Tennessee. It’s a surprisingly bland look. The most interesting thing there is the alumni list, with Cormac McCarthy and Kurt Vonnegut making an appearance. And you didn’t think Vols could read, did you…
- As far as I can tell, the Times Free Press is the first to the gate with a post-Sturdivant projection of the SEC East.
- The Dead Guy takes a look at the math of Rivals SEC unit rankings.
- SI.com’s Andy Staples takes Urban Meyer to task for his “top one percent” comment in the wake of the Ron/Ronnie Wilson reinstatement. Bonus: audio of the 911 call during Wilson’s shoot ‘em up moment, including gun shot.
- David Hale gets Ray Gant to reminisce about Reggie “Dog” Ball. *Sniff*
- Paul Westerdawg has some fun updating the pre-game scoreboard show. It occurs to me that Brandon Cox could be his own Georgia highlight reel.
- This started with a UT preview, and I’ll finish with one over at the great The Joe Cribbs Car Wash. Check out Jerry’s “our nickname will kick your nickname’s ass” portion of the analysis; it’s hilarious.