Let’s jump right into it:
- Georgia who? Chris Hatcher hasn’t begun preparing for GSU’s season opener yet. In fact, as of August 14, 2008, he hasn’t even looked at Georgia.
- I remember the day when Tommy Tuberville used to give advice to Mark Richt about running the ball in the SEC. Now, “It’s tough to win just trying to play smash-mouth.” Cry me a river, pal.
- You know that whole “focus” thing, the number two excuse as to why Georgia won’t be in the MNC mix at the end of the regular season? Read the first Brannan Southerland quote in this David Hale post for a different perspective. Not that Southerland would know, of course; it’s not like he’s around the team as much as your typical national college football pundit.
- But they’re in the top one percent of the top one percent of focus in Gainesville, my friends. (h/t The Wizard of Odds)
- Stephen Garcia continues to impress in Columbia. Not.
- They haven’t named the announcers for the Tech-Jacksonville State broadcast download on ESPN360.com as of yet. Rumor has it that they’re trying to coax this big fellow out of retirement: