I’ll have the DVR cranked up today to follow the day’s doings after I get back from Athens. Rather than make predictions (which I stink at), I’ll give you a list of questions I’ll be looking for answers to.
- West Virginia at East Carolina. Is East Carolina’s defense that decent, or was Virginia Tech’s offense that bad?
- Southern Mississippi at Auburn. I’m a little surprised by the point spread on this one. Fedora has a pretty good offensive mind. I think the Golden Eagles score more than many think, which makes this a test for the Tony Franklin offense to live up to the hype – with a quarterback who isn’t particularly mobile and is coming off a dead arm in the preseason. Should Auburn really be a 17.5 point favorite?
- Mississippi at Wake Forest. On a smaller scale, this is the same sort of matchup we saw in the ‘Bama-Clemmins game, except this time the ACC team has the better coach. Do the Rebs make a game of it?
- Miami at Florida. No, with a quarterback getting his first start in a road game at the Swamp, this one won’t be particularly close. But how’s Percy Harvin’s heel?
- Stanford at Arizona State. Will this game be closer than many people thought before the season it would be?
- Georgia Tech at Boston College. How does Paul Johnson’s offensive scheme look in its first real test of ’08?
- San Diego State at Notre Dame. San Diego State is cannon fodder. How much will the media overreact to a Notre Dame win?
- Texas A & M at New Mexico. The Aggies lost at home to Arkansas State. Now they’re going on the road to play a tougher opponent. Could the Mike Sherman era start out 0-2?
- Cincinnati at Oklahoma. The Bearcats have proven pesky against top 10 teams lately. Can they stay with the Sooners?