- Southern California
BEST OF THE REST
- Ohio State
- Oklahoma State
- Penn State
- Texas Tech
- Maybe I shouldn’t admit this, but given the fact that I already had Southern Cal ranked ahead of Oklahoma in last week’s ballot, it wasn’t too hard to construct this vote. Texas Tech clearly doesn’t deserve to be ranked ahead of Oklahoma at this point. I don’t have a problem ranking the Red Raiders behind Texas, either, given that the Longhorns’ strength of schedule is superior to TT’s and given how close the game in Lubbock between the two wound up being.
- As for the Texas-Oklahoma debate, you really can’t beat this format, can you?
- If I feel guilty about anything, it’s where I’m ranking Penn State. One narrow loss on the road, yet the Nittany Lions aren’t worthy of top five consideration? What’s up with that?
- I know it’s fashionable to give Boise State a lot of love right now, but when you struggle down to the last play of the game to put away a 6-5 Nevada squad, that doesn’t raise my level of confidence. Utah, on the other hand, looked very good going away against a ranked BYU team.
- On the fringe, I’m watching Oregon State and (I can’t believe I’m typing this) Florida State. I don’t think FSU has enough offense to keep up with the Gators, but if it pulls off the upset…