Here are a few tasty items to get you started on a cold morning:
- Here’s a handy timeline of political grandstanding/stupidity as it pertains to the BCS. My favorite has to be the state pol who introduced a bill to keep all teams from Texas out of the BCS – the year the Longhorns won the MNC. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face…
- Lance Thompson’s decision: money or a change of assholes? You decide.
- First, it was bringing back Ed Orgeron. Now, John L. Smith. The coaching characters quotient in the SEC has certainly jumped up this offseason. As a blogger, this is nothing but good news, of course.
- For all the talk we’ve heard about redshirts in the wake of Moreno’s early departure, there are still valid reasons to redshirt a football player.
- Why do I have the feeling that if Obama had come out in favor of the BCS, The Weekly Standard would have published a piece on the virtues of a playoff? Wankers.