Grab a plate, folks.
- Tennessee could be starting as many as five true freshmen in its opener. That’s a pretty good indication of what Kiffin thinks of the level of talent he inherited. You might want to dial back the 9-3 projections a little, Vol fans.
- I’m certainly not saying this kid is the one, but sooner or later Paul Johnson’s going to find his version of Pat White – someone who no other major school will seriously consider playing at quarterback, but turns out to be the perfect match for what Tech runs.
- Smart Football’s Chris Brown now has a football column in that pinko liberal bastion of journalism, The New York Times. It’s a step up – for the Times.
- Another list that makes little sense to me. (Frank Beamer ahead of Mack Brown? Why, exactly?)
- The new buzzword for the remaking of Tim Tebow, quarterback: “enhanced”. (I prefer the more old-fashioned description of “bullshit”, personally.)