Merely hours away now…
- Gene Chizik may turn out to be a fine coach, but I still want some of whatever Andy Staples is smoking.
- You’re the AD at a small school being offered a guarantee equal to 9% of your total department budget for one football road game. That’s a no-brainer in my book, even if the chances of winning are small. And if your team wins one of those? “We really enjoyed spending that money…”
- If you think it’s impressive that Georgia plans on using Logan Gray to field some punts, Virginia may have its starting quarterback also utilized as its primary punt returner.
- Clifton Geathers suspended for the Georgia game? Nah.
- Any Georgia blog invoking the spirit of Lewis Grizzard is going to get a shout out at GTP.
- I admire his honesty, but it sure will make the upset in Jax this year that much sweeter if it happens.
- Oklahoma State, then and now.
- Somehow, this article wasn’t much of a surprise. Although Lou Holtz proclaiming “You’re held accountable for your actions” is a bit cheeky, considering the NCAA violations left behind in his wake at various coaching stops that never seemed to catch up with him.
- And the Internet rumor about Zac Robinson being injured turned out to be just that, but another OSU linebacker may be “dinged” from practice.