Feel free to indulge:
- Care to guess the number of teams in BCS conferences who scheduled more than half of their out-of-conference games against other BCS-level foes in the past five years? That’d be ten.
- Here’s part of what Mike Hugenin has to say about the resurrected (at least for the SEC) Cam Newton’s game: “He’s a punishing runner, with surprisingly good speed. He has a strong arm but still is relatively raw as a passer.” Hmmm… sounds like a bigger version of Kodi Burns to me.
- They may be whining over the new recruiting rule about head coaches in waiting at Texas, but it doesn’t sound like Mack Brown’s having too much trouble getting early commitments.
- If Paul Dee, chairman of the NCAA Committee on Infractions, is accurate when he says his organization tries to be consistent, then here’s a likely road map as to what’s ahead for Southern Cal.
- The Mark Richt-on-a-hot-seat meme hits a bump in the road. And it’s all our fault.
- Bitter? Nah, not too much.
- One amusing thing about Junior’s world view is that he tries to present himself as the innocent bystander who just happened to receive the Southern Cal offer out of the blue, and, well… what could he do? Anybody who thinks he wasn’t lobbying his ass off for the job after Carroll told him he was leaving for Seattle is delusional.
- More proof that Tommy Bowden got less from more than any coach in the ACC over the last five years.