Plenty of tasty morsels to get you through the afternoon:
- Obama administration toughens Title IX rules. My bullshit meter started clicking furiously with this quote from Neena Chaudhry, senior counsel for the National Women’s Law Center: “There aren’t any statistics to show opportunities for women were denied, but Chaudhry suggested it was a possibility.”
- “Keep in mind: Tim Tebow carried the ball 217 times last year, more than twice the amount of any Gators running back.”
- This BCS story has it all: unnamed sources about an unnamed company, citing an unseen study about which schools are “the best candidates to become part of the BCS”. Well, all except for any shred of professional journalism.
- “Speaking of first-rounders, anybody want to venture a guess on which SEC team produced the most during the past decade?”
- Shakin the Southland looks at Cover 3 pattern reads.
- “At wide receiver, non-BCS athletes have better NFL careers than a BCS athlete with similar college stats and similar performances at the NFL Scouting Combine.” They just don’t go as high in the NFL draft.
- More Vance Cuff love.
- One of these numbers isn’t like the others.