Reggie Bush may not care what gets served this morning, but I know you guys do.
- If Boise State jumps ship for the Mountain West, it will certainly make the conference more competitive on the field, but not so much at the gate. “Unlike the Big Ten, with its thriving cable network, the MWC isn’t likely to see a huge bump in interest for its channel, the Mtn., or its overall broadcast package by adding Boise, the nation’s 112th-largest television market.”
- If there’s one sure thing in the college football blogosphere, it’s that it’s easy to push Heisman Pundit’s button about the South.
- Georgia’s secondary may have gotten some assistance for the Colorado game.
- Dave Curtis, you’ve got to be kidding with your #1 pick.
- Barrett Sallee, of all people, dismisses the Richt-on-a-hot-seat meme.
- Dennis Dodd, in writing that Southern Cal would avoid any serious penalties from the NCAA, actually put this forth as his reason: “Someone as smart as Lane Kiffin wouldn’t willingly take a job on a sinking ship.” Hmm… that must explain why Oakland is such a well run franchise.
- Texas Tech acknowledges it’s only paid Mike Leach a portion of the outside income called for in his contract, because “His mistreatment of an injured student-athlete was a breach of his contract and ultimately resulted in Mike Leach’s termination. When he breached his contract, he no longer was entitled to further compensation.” In other words, this really is all about the money. (h/t The Wiz of Odds)