Here are a few tidbits to nosh on:
- When it comes to Aaron Murray, Mike Bobo ain’t satisfied. I’m glad to see that complacency isn’t settling in.
- This also heartens me: “Defensive players who are standing out, according to Grantham, include linebackers Justin Houston, Darryl Gamble and Cornelius Washington.” Any depth at outside linebacker is a very good thing.
- “For the first time since 1969, the Georgia Bulldogs are opening a football season with three of their first five games away from Sanford Stadium.”
- It doesn’t sound like college football players are particularly enamored with an extended playoff.
- Derek Dooley’s decision to be a hard ass about Bryce Brown’s request for a release is looking dumber by the moment.
- Michael Elkon notes that Stewart Mandel and Sports Illustrated don’t seem to be on the same page about the 2010 season.
- Mark Schlabach has a couple of pieces up about defenses switching to the 3-4 worth reading, with lots of quotes from Todd Grantham and Justin Houston.
- Here’s a statistically detailed look at the defensive recipe for winning the BCS national championship, from a Notre Dame blog.