Haven’t laid out the goodies for y’all in a while, so here goes:
- Thanks for reminding us, Seth.
- At least Joe Posnanski managed to work in a Larry Munson reference in his fine piece about the game that cost Dan Hawkins his job.
- The real message I get from this is that John Brantley’s round peg is a poor fit for Urban Meyer’s offense’s square hole, but nobody wants to come out and admit that.
- Georgia Tech has now dropped Auburn from its future schedule.
- Interestingly, in all-time SEC passing yardage by freshmen, three of the top five are Bulldogs.
- Buck Belue shares a good story about Eddie “Meat Cleaver” Weaver.
- I don’t know if this is a reflection on the kind of year it’s been in Athens, but Demarcus Dobbs defends himself against Carl Johnson’s accusation that Florida’s hurry-up offense wore Dobbs out by referring to his “rap sheet”. Better choice of words next time, dude.