My first thought upon reading about the latest stop on the Exactly How Sorry Is Jim Tressel? Tour was whether Gordon Gee worries that he upset his head coach by suggesting too easy a penalty at the start.
Filed under Big Ten Football
Tagged as Tatgate
Is he sorrier than Premier Kissov?
Anyone buying into this farce is crazy! tOSU had been given good reason to believe that the suspensions would be reduced to 2 games, get the boys back in time for Miami game. Afterall ESPN needs good ratings for their money! tOSU is a favored son with the NCAA we saw the initial punishment on the bowl game gig. Then the Tressel news broke early thanks to Dan Wetzel so they had to take action before they wanted too. They started w/ 2 games hoping they would still get their little cush deal on the players, but with the sh*t storm that followed, the NCAA really could not show more favoritism right now, so they upheld he 5 game which was the right thing to do. Now tOSU had to step up and match Tressel’s punishment to match the players. Nice and neat for now.
I’m extending my paid suspension from work thru next week. It’s gonna be tough but I’ll fight thru it.
It was interesting reading the reader comments to that story. Looked like there were at least a few Buckeye fans who are starting to sour on the ol’ Senator — don’t know if it’s enough to matter, but still.
“As for the players, besides missing the first five games of the season, Adams, Herron, Posey, Pryor and Thomas must also repay money and benefits ranging from $1,000 to $2,500.”
So it’s somewhere in the neighborhood of ten grand that they have to pay back. Now where was it I read that it was $77,000 worth of memorabilia the had been traded to the “Tat Artist”?
And I thought the students in the Big Ten were suppose to be smart. Leaving some twelve large a piece on the table doesn’t seem very savvy to me. Perhaps those were exceptional tattoos. One can’t really put a price on art.
Probably. From “What, Gee worry?”:
“The only way this press conference could’ve gone worse for TOSU is if Charlie Sheen had been asked to stand in for Gee and if he said the following:
• “I don’t have time for [the NCAA's] judgment and their stupidity and you know they lay down with their ugly wives in front of their ugly children and look at their loser lives and then they look at [OSU] and they say, ‘I can’t process it.’ Well, no, you never will. … Stop trying, just sit back and enjoy the show. You know?”
• “From my big beautiful warlock brain, welcome to ‘Buckeyes Korner.’ … You’re either in Coach Tressel’s corner, or you’re with the trolls.”
• “I am on a drug. It’s called Jim Tressel.”
• “Jim has a different constitution. Jim has a different brain; Jim has a different heart; Jim’s got tiger blood, man.”
• “Coach Tressel has defeated this earthworm with his words. Imagine what he would have done with his fire-breathing fists.”
• “Jim is dealing with fools and trolls and soft targets. It’s just strafing runs in his underwear before his first cup of coffee. He doesn’t have time for these clowns.”
• “Sorry, man, but Coach has got magic. He’s got poetry in his fingertips. Most of the time — and this includes naps — he’s an F-18, bro. And he will destroy you in the air. He will deploy his ordnance to the ground.”
• “Boom, crush. Night, losers. Winning, duh.”
Seriously, AthensHomerDawg, you can’t contemplate that the rest went up their noses?
This “I’m gettin’ suspended the same games as the players” mode doesn’t mean crap. The NCAA investigation has to take evidence from the law investigation of the drug-dealing, tattoo-dealing parlor owner before they know the extent of the player punishment. They were ineligible to play football for the entire schedule and ill-gotten gained Sugar Bowl. Five suspended games next year continues to be an insult and is what the school equaled Tressel’s transgression to. His punishment should be for keeping it secret PLUS lying about it to his school and the NCAA. PLUS he knowingly played ineligible players because he was aware of the punishment to be meted out.
UGA fans sat and chewed nails waiting two self-imposed games into the season with AJ’s offense that OCCURRED AT THE SAME TIME. We didn’t want to play him until hearing from the NCAA for fear the games would be forfeited for playing a player that could be ineligible. Don’t you think that Tressel read and knew this WHILE IT HAPPENED to AJ? He clearly knew the rule, kept it secret that his players broke the same rule and later lied about it when he said there were no more violations. They are all separate incidents. Add to it the lying to his AD and President and you should see that a five-game suspension predicated on players’s suspension for part of their violations is bogus and whistlin’-thru-the graveyard tactics. The players were ineligible to play last year. The lies, coverup and Bowl deal is more than sufficient to hand Tressel his hat and place JTU(Jim Tressel U) on football suspension, reduced schollys in the future and forfeiture of all games played last year.
Suspended for 5 games? What nonsense! That’s supposed to mollify fans who have lived through this rule indescretion with the best WR for the last few years? Bullshit! Pom de Rue!!
Cojones…actually I was being a little tongue in cheek with that reference to the difference in monies. Still, no I don’t believe anything went up their nose. That one wouldn’t be their drug of choice.
Subscribe in a reader
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 1,544 other followers