September 1st is just around the corner, so dig in.
- The peculiar case of Bacarri Rambo just gets curiouser and curiouser.
- Michael Elkon explores the impact of Steve Spurrier on SEC football.
- Here’s a list of the top 25 running backs in SEC history. There’s a noticeable drop off after the first four, if you ask me.
- Paul Johnson thinks there ought to be a law that punishes college athletes for taking improper benefits, even after they’ve left college. (In related news, Paul Johnson is an asshat.)
- A Mountain West blogger who’s never watched Georgia play (“From what I’ve read, Glenn and Jones are supposed to be pretty impressive and will anchor Georgia’s O-line.”) previews the Boise State matchup and – surprise! – picks the Broncos to win. You gotta love the Intertubes.
- Georgia Tech was willing to move the Georgia game to this season’s opener at the Dome – if the Dawgs were willing to play at Tech in 2012.
- This will come as a complete shock to you: “A team’s preseason ranking has a modest but statistically significant effect on its B.C.S. ranking at the end of the season, even after controlling for its quality of play as determined by computer systems. “
- Nick Saban didn’t have time for that shit with Will Muschamp’s momma.