And so we reach the end of another regular season – at least as far as pre-SECCG regular seasons go – and the final DSW is in the books.
Here’s how they wrapped things up:
- Hold opponents under 17 points per game. As a team, Georgia is yielding 17.8 ppg.
- Finish at least +8 in turnover margin. Georgia’s turnover margin is +10.
- Average better than 380 yards per game on offense. Georgia’s offense is averaging 423.7 ypg.
- Finish in the top five in total defensive yardage. Georgia’s defense ranks fourth in total defense.
- Finish in the top three in first downs. Georgia is second in first downs.
- Finish no worse than third in passing yardage. Georgia is second in passing yardage.
- Finish no worse than third in sacks. Georgia is second in sacks.
They hit the target in every category but one, so next year’s DSW will see a slight change to defensive scoring. It’s just nice there’s a reason to have to do that.