Go get ‘em, Tiger.
- About those national titles Auburn’s thinking about claiming? Jay Jacobs doesn’t care what you think about it: “We’ve just been looking at it, thinking about it. We just want to do what’s best for Auburn, not necessarily what everybody in the world thinks.”
- I can’t say I’m that passionate about the World Cup, but I thoroughly enjoyed Michael Elkon’s takedown of Clay Travis on the subject.
- Jeremy Fowler takes a look at the seamier side of college camps.
- South Carolina’s defensive line is in a state of flux, which is one reason the ‘Cocks will be flipping in and out of a 3-4 look this season.
- Bill Connelly’s Georgia Tech preview winds up about where you’d think – some praise, but short of a rousing endorsement.
- Chris Low ranks Georgia’s offensive line tenth in the SEC, which isn’t an unfair preseason assessment. But Florida’s eighth?
- A poll of Florida sports fans: “Despite a disastrous season last year, 33 percent of Gator fans approve of Will Muschamp while 19 percent disapprove of him. Only 15 percent of Gator fans want Muschamp fired before the season begins while 43 percent want to keep him.” Looks like an awful lot of undecideds there.
- Another move in Georgia’s secondary, as Wilkerson is getting a shot at safety.