Florida State is the better team, but it won’t matter. I’ve never seen anything like this run Auburn’s been on for the last month. Football gods, for the win…
I have no doubt that the TV ratings for the Big Ten championship game more than make up for getting shut out of the national title game.
Best wishes for continued success in your role as head programmer for the Big Ten Network. And enjoy the Rose Bowl, sir.
Sometimes, a man just wants to be left alone with his mediocre pizza after losing a shot at the national title.
There’s a Papa Johns commercial lurking somewhere in there, Corch.
From yesterday’s Pac-12 championship game, this is the most astonishing example of a defensive player timing the snap count I think I’ve ever seen. It happened on a third-and-goal from the one-yard line, to boot.
I swear, that’s like watching a jungle cat pounce on a hapless target. Incredible.
For some reason, Todd Grantham doesn’t bother me too much right now.
A few things to nosh on while you wait for today’s slate of games:
- In the end, it didn’t take too much to entice Chris Petersen away from Boise State – just make him the highest paid coach in the Pac-12 and he’s yours.
- Gus Malzahn makes bank, too. He ought to send Josh Harvey-Clemons a royalty check.
- Meet the man behind the theme song to SEC on CBS.
- Brian Cook lays down the law at mgoblog (“…if the people who write for this site hate you we will ban you.“) And you think I’m a meanie.
- Stay classy, Gator fans.
- Stuart Mandel suggests there’s something to Jay Jacobs’ BCS lobbying.
- Maryland to ACC: it’s not us, it’s you.
- The other day I made a little fun of athletic spending outpacing academic spending in Alabama. But at least they’re spending money on academics, which is more than you can say for Georgia.
- On smarm and snark.