Evidently Lennay Kekua wasn’t the only phony thing about Notre Dame’s 2012 season.
Bruce Feldman confirms that the four have been dismissed from school.
Don’t you have the feeling the OBC is about to go on the warpath with SC’s admission’s office? (If he already hasn’t, I mean.)
Eight members of South Carolina’s 21-man signing class have yet to enroll in school, and the Gamecocks are resigned to the fact that not all the remaining players will qualify, recruiting coordinator Steve Spurrier Jr. told The State on Wednesday.
Defensive ends Dante Sawyer and Kalan Ritchie have previously announced they will not meet qualifying requirements and attend junior college with the hope of re-signing with South Carolina. The USC options for defensive end signee Jhaustin Thomas appear to be done after he failed to qualify from his junior college.
Cornerbacks Wesley Green, Chris Lammons and Darin Smalls, fullback Joe Blue and defensive tackle Dexter Wideman still are trying to meet qualifying standards in time to join the Gamecocks in August.
Eight out of twenty-one… whoa. Mark Richt has lost control over South Carolina’s academics? Too soon?
Need something to get over the World Cup elimination blues? The buffet’s here for you.
Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- Did you know that Clemson’s Frank Howard once threatened to sue over a piece Lewis Grizzard wrote about him?
- I always love it when somebody else does the heavy lifting for me, so, thanks, Tyler, for counting the number of scholarship players currently on Georgia’s roster.
- Barry Alvarez sez, “To keep fans in the stands, you have to keep up with the technology, so they can continue to use those things in the stadium.” You could always beef up the home schedule, Barry.
- Hunter Atkinson’s high school coach says the kid’s family has endured a backlash from third parties as a result of his withdrawal from Georgia. Stay classy, people.
- Troy’s Larry Blakeney suggests an interesting proposal for paying players – a stipend based on academic performance, paid to student-athletes per hour passed with a C or above.
- Marc Weiszer talks to Danny Ware about a Knowshon-Gurley comparison.
- High school quarterback being recruited by Georgia has this to say about his first conversation with the head guy: “… The SEC is the biggest in college football. I was super excited to talk to Coach Richt. I was a little nervous. I had never talked to a coach that big before. It was awesome.”
- Amateurism, first half of the 20th century style.
Enjoy the morning’s offerings.
You still get hungry on a long holiday weekend, so here you go.
- I guess Georgia’s bad luck with offensive linemen follows some of them even after they leave. Hope he recovers.
- If I didn’t know any better, I’d suspect Kansas State was deliberately trying to provoke a challenge to the transfer rules by the way it’s handled Leticia Romero’s transfer request. A union would be worse for her, though.
- Can the early signing day for football proposal be saved?
- Now the sharks are really beginning to circle around the antitrust litigation.
- Fresno State’s Pat Hill knew what was coming a decade ago: “For Fresno State to make the cut, Hill said, the university would have to grow its fan base and invest in infrastructure (i.e. a 70,000-seat stadium) so the big boys could literally not afford to leave the Bulldogs behind.“
- At Georgia, athletics spokesman Claude Felton told the Times-Union the school is against selling alcohol at Jacksonville’s EverBank Field when the Bulldogs play Florida and “would not be in favor of alcohol sales in Sanford Stadium at this time.’’ So you’re saying there’s a chance?
- This pretty much sums things up: “The NCAA is a product of its own membership. Then again, LSU doesn’t want non-football playing Marquette to have the same voting rights when it comes to deciding how it does business.“
- “Thirty-six teams will be banned from the 2014-15 postseason because of sub-par scores on the newest Academic Progress Rate, which was released Wednesday. Not one of them comes from a power conference.”
The chafing dishes are full, so knock yourselves out.
Filed under Academics? Academics., College Football, ESPN Is The Devil, Gators, Gators..., Georgia Football, It's Just Bidness, Look For The Union Label, Media Punditry/Foibles, Pac-12 Football, Political Wankery, Strategery And Mechanics