C’mon, Bert. You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.
Category Archives: Arkansas Is Kind Of A Big Deal
Stewart Mandel declares that “With Lane Kiffin now muzzled as a member of Nick Saban’s staff at Alabama, Bielema is threatening to replace him as college football’s most reviled figure.”
There’s always something to grab.
- Talk about preparation: Mike Ekeler watched every snap last season of the Bulldogs’ special teams before his interview with Richt. Talk about being a glutton for punishment, too.
- Based on recruiting rankings, which teams and coaches were the biggest over and under achievers?
- ESPN is set to announce that the 2014 college football season will begin at its earliest point in 11 years.
- Here are some details from the third day of hearings on whether the National Labor Relations Board should certify the Northwestern players’ unionization request.
- And here is a listing of the spring practice start dates and spring game dates for all 14 SEC schools.
- Charlie Pierce uses Mark Richt to mock Georgia pols’ attempt to let guns on campus.
- Arkansas’ plan to modify its school color leads to a post about color scales that probably has more information than you could possibly care about. But since it also mentions Georgia, what the hell.
- MaconDawg wonders if Georgia’s 2015 recruiting indicates that future offensive changes are a possibility.
Tell me, what looks worse – a program coming off a national title losing its defensive coordinator in a lateral move for more money to a “lesser program”, or a program losing its defensive coordinator to a superior program for less money and responsibility?
That’s gotta sting, Bert.
So, if Bret Bielema gets a raise after a good year, you think he’ll cut the Lord in for a piece of the action?
- D.J. Shockley on Aaron Murray: “But in my book, he’s No. 1. He’s done it all. The numbers don’t lie. He’s put them in position, and obviously he can’t play defense and special teams. He’s definitely had a great career and worthy of being one of the best.”
- Johnny Football’s going to
makeannounce a decision about his future before TAMU’s bowl game.
- “The celebration by locals that for decades has been Florida football has more of an atmosphere of “Let’s just get this over with.”“
- Revenge is a dish best served urnge.
- The financial aid deals Georgia signed with two recruits this week have five-year terms. Still haven’t seen a downside for a recruit to do this.
- It’s been a roller coaster ride for Arkansas’ seniors.
- Want something to worry about in today’s game in Athens? Kentucky’s defensive ends are fifth and seventh in the conference in sacks.
The bits just keep on coming.
- “It’s a funky situation,” Mason said.
- Another players selling stuff story.
- Damian Swann admits his play has been affected by worrying about his surrounding secondary cast.
- Texas, TAMU just isn’t into you anymore.
- Honestly, I don’t get the Jeff Long love.
- Bill Connelly’s advanced stat breakdown of the Georgia-Florida game is interesting in a couple of ways. Based on S&P+, Florida steadily declined while the game went on, but the Gators got back in the game because the bottom fell out for the Dawgs in the third quarter. But check out how well Georgia played on third downs (unlike last year).
- Is this the best regular season Thursday night in college football history? And, if so, is that by design or accident?