So, if Bret Bielema gets a raise after a good year, you think he’ll cut the Lord in for a piece of the action?
Category Archives: Arkansas Is Kind Of A Big Deal
- D.J. Shockley on Aaron Murray: “But in my book, he’s No. 1. He’s done it all. The numbers don’t lie. He’s put them in position, and obviously he can’t play defense and special teams. He’s definitely had a great career and worthy of being one of the best.”
- Johnny Football’s going to
makeannounce a decision about his future before TAMU’s bowl game.
- “The celebration by locals that for decades has been Florida football has more of an atmosphere of “Let’s just get this over with.”“
- Revenge is a dish best served urnge.
- The financial aid deals Georgia signed with two recruits this week have five-year terms. Still haven’t seen a downside for a recruit to do this.
- It’s been a roller coaster ride for Arkansas’ seniors.
- Want something to worry about in today’s game in Athens? Kentucky’s defensive ends are fifth and seventh in the conference in sacks.
The bits just keep on coming.
- “It’s a funky situation,” Mason said.
- Another players selling stuff story.
- Damian Swann admits his play has been affected by worrying about his surrounding secondary cast.
- Texas, TAMU just isn’t into you anymore.
- Honestly, I don’t get the Jeff Long love.
- Bill Connelly’s advanced stat breakdown of the Georgia-Florida game is interesting in a couple of ways. Based on S&P+, Florida steadily declined while the game went on, but the Gators got back in the game because the bottom fell out for the Dawgs in the third quarter. But check out how well Georgia played on third downs (unlike last year).
- Is this the best regular season Thursday night in college football history? And, if so, is that by design or accident?
Hugh Freeze, a coach in search of a compliment:
Freeze: "If (Arkansas) ever converted drives, they'd be very, very dangerous."—
Hugh Kellenberger (@HKellenbergerCL) November 04, 2013
That sounds like something Coach Dooley would say back in the day, after he finished fretting about the opponent’s long snappah. Except Vince would usually say that about Southeast Directional A&M State, not another SEC team. Ouch.
You may have heard about the Auburn player who had to come out of the Arkansas game. It wouldn’t be such a big deal if Malzahn hadn’t been so sanctimonious about the subject of fake injuries earlier this year, as this clip neatly indicates:
That said, I don’t know what gives me the bigger chuckle – Malzahn’s wide-eyed “he got hurt” response immediately after the game, or that Bielema had the nerve to complain about another coach’s gamesmanship.
Come, you must be hungry.
- The Bielema-Malzahn feud continues. I’m kind of enjoying it. (But I expect Arky’s gonna get pounded this weekend.)
- Clowney: “Last year, I really didn’t practice real hard.”
- Boom is starting to get hot seat questions.
- Macon Dawg scores a nice interview with ESPN’s Rece Davis, in which Davis talks a good bit about Georgia, Florida and the Cocktail Party. It would have been even better with an awkward Jesse Palmer question, but I guess you can’t have everything.
- You may think Bill Connelly is just a stat guru, but he’s a CFB fan first, as this eloquent post demonstrates.
- However, some Mizzou fans are finding other (NSFW) ways to cope with the loss to South Carolina (h/t MrSEC.com).
- “If you’re not an alumnus with access to skyboxes and everything else,” Parker said, “this is kind of the common man’s skybox.”
- Division I coaches in non-revenue sports want in on the new super-division action, too.
- “I thought it was a celebration penalty, because everybody was jumping around. Then they were talking about I was ejected.”
- Shaq Wiggins asked Mark Richt about the weather on Saturday. Don’t forget to ask about the unfair travel arrangements, Shaq!
- Another day, another shocking item of evidence the NCAA wants to introduce in the O’Bannon case.
Arkansas, you got your ass handed to you by South Carolina at homecoming and your reward is to travel to Tuscaloosa this week. So what words of inspiration does your coach have for you?
“I would tell them, ‘Don’t be a Debbie Downer,’ ” Bielema said on Monday.
That’ll make ‘em ready to run through walls.
In case you’re wondering, ‘Bama is something like a 29-30 point favorite tonight.