The AD in charge of finding a replacement for Mack Brown has quite an interesting history.
Category Archives: Big 12 Football
A few tidbits for you to digest…
- Georgia is the only SEC school with a representative on the 2013 Academic All-America first team. That representative is Aaron Murray, one of only six Bulldogs to be multi-year selectees.
- Like many of us, Stewart Mandel is disappointed in the Gator Bowl match up. Unlike many of us, one reason he’s disappointed is because he thinks Vanderbilt would have been a better choice.
- Classy move, Duke alumni. Seriously.
- Big Game Bob’s sounding a little testy these days.
- Reality may be sinking in for some denizens of The Hive. Bitter, yet so tasty!
- The Military Bowl wins this year’s Best Gift Trophy: a single-seat “powered home theater recliner” with two USB ports to charge various devices, along with a PlayStation 4.
- Paul Westerdawg looks ahead to next season and gives some reasons for optimism about Georgia football.
Get in line.
- Only three SEC schools made it through the regular season without an injury to their starting quarterback.
- Here we go – jumping on Alabama’s defensive woes against spread attacks.
- My favorite part of Bill Connelly’s advanced box score from the Georgia-Georgia Tech game? “Projected Pt. Margin: Georgia Tech +3.0 | Actual Pt. Margin: Georgia +7“. But, coaching!
- Here’s a shocker: “Every public Division I university in Alabama experienced athletic spending per college athlete grow at a faster rate than academic spending per student from 2007 to 2011…”
- Is an Iron Bowl rematch a feature, or a bug?
- Great story on Tim Worley, including this quote from Worley about one-time roommate Bill Goldberg: “He’s one of those people who would give you the shirt off his back. But when you heard he was going into wrestling, you’d say, ‘I figured something like that.’”
- Even if this isn’t a fair comparison, it’s not helping Boom that it’s being made in the first place.
- Kliff Kingsbury on his game day attire: “If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good.”
The bits just keep on coming.
- “It’s a funky situation,” Mason said.
- Another players selling stuff story.
- Damian Swann admits his play has been affected by worrying about his surrounding secondary cast.
- Texas, TAMU just isn’t into you anymore.
- Honestly, I don’t get the Jeff Long love.
- Bill Connelly’s advanced stat breakdown of the Georgia-Florida game is interesting in a couple of ways. Based on S&P+, Florida steadily declined while the game went on, but the Gators got back in the game because the bottom fell out for the Dawgs in the third quarter. But check out how well Georgia played on third downs (unlike last year).
- Is this the best regular season Thursday night in college football history? And, if so, is that by design or accident?
Was Oklahoma’s loss to Texas Big Game Bob’s way of proving to the world that the Big 12 is a more balanced, and thus better, conference than the SEC?
You upset about how the Missouri game played out? That’s nothing compared to what a pissed off Brian Cook directs at Al Borges’ playcalling in Michigan’s loss at Penn State.
And Mack Brown irately complaining about this call goes down in the Annals of Chutzpah.
It’s pretty pathetic that the only thing guaranteed to come out of that mess is that Paul Rhoads will be reprimanded by the conference. Can’t hurt those officials’ fee-fees.
The next time somebody tells me I’m using too small a sample size to make a statistical point, I’m going to outsource the response to Big Game Bob.
Wakey, wakey, football fans.
- Texas, Willie Lyles is standing by, ready to offer his services in a time of need.
- Jadeveon Clowney is hurting. If Georgia finishes out the season ahead of South Carolina, brace yourselves an updated version of the “Tebow was injured in the 2007 Cocktail Party” excuse from ‘Cock fans.
- Epic onside kick fail in the Duke-Tech game.
- After Harvey Updyke’s asshole unpuckers yesterday, he sends a little bravado Johnny Manziel’s way.
- Tommie Frazier is a bit miffed with Bo Pelini’s defense.
- Against Oregon, Tennessee gave up the second-most yards in a single game in program history. Safety Brian Randolph’s conclusion? “We didn’t play up to our standard today.” I suppose that’s true in a way.
- Johnny Football vs. Johnny Rotten.
- Johnny Football vs. Nick Saban.
- Alabama’s coaches and players have no hard feelings about one of the stupidest penalties in college football. I wonder if they’d feel the same way had they lost.
A junior Sports Media-Multimedia Journalism major at Oklahoma State University manages to come up with something that, if true, is way more damaging to the OSU program than anything Sports Illustrated has managed to piece together so far. (And far more colorful, language-wise.)