- Last Saturday marked the sixth straight conference game in which Florida failed to score more than two touchdowns in regulation play.
- I know this is tongue in cheek, but it reads like some of the comments I see here at the blog now and then.
- Ed Orgeron was reportedly offered the head coaching job at Nicholls State and turned it down.
- Forget who’s the #2 quarterback at Georgia… who’s the #2 tailback?
- Scott Albrecht takes a look at comparing recruiting and performance.
- Senator goes after Big Game Bob in a USA Today editorial.
- FSU’s got a weird sense of priorities when it comes to Jameis Winston: no football suspension for theft or allegations of sexual assault (hell, no investigation, for that matter), but a half game suspension for talking dirty. Is Jimbo Fisher getting tired of his antics?
- I’ve gotta give Russ Mitchell credit for one thing. When it comes to Georgia bashing, he’s one consistent fellow.
This is almost too awesome for words.
I wonder if Coach O intends to give a few pointers about his decision making in his last Egg Bowl.
Kibbles and bits from around college football:
I have no idea if this report is true, but Gawd, I hope it is:
… I now wholeheartedly believe that both Jim Cheyney (sic) and Lance Thompson have received inflammatory phone calls and text messages from Lane Kiffin and Coach O. Even Monte has gotten in on the act according to one of my sources. I did some digging yesterday and was told that late last week Coach O fired off an angry profanity laced call on one of the coaches voice mails that was saved and later played for an assemblage of coaches and support staff that greeted by laughter and cheering by those in the room. What is USC so upset about. That Tennessee would have the ‘guts’ to get this ‘improperly’ recruit USC juniors and seniors.
Add in a little self-pity…
Alex reported that Kiffin said to Thompson ‘how could you do this to me. I gave you a break at UT. You can’t do this to me.’
The nerve of some people.
You know, for a guy who’s got a lot to say (h/t The Wiz) about a lot of things, Ed Orgeron sure is tight-lipped about one incident:
Question: Soon after you arrived here, the controversy arose regarding your contact with Tennessee recruits and/or their parents. Has anything come of that?
Orgeron: I don’t want to comment on that. Everything’s good.
Q: So there have been no repercussions from that?
Orgeron: I don’t want to comment on it.