I’m having a hard time coming to grips with the depths to which Florida has sunk this season after its first loss ever to a 1-AA opponent. Every time I think I’ve got it figured out, I see something else that makes me start shaking my head again.
You want to blame it on the injuries? Fine, but Florida wasn’t the only banged up team playing in the Swamp yesterday.
You want to blame it on an inept offense? Fine, too, except you may not understand how inept that offense is.
The Gators are so mixed up they’re blocking themselves. That’s how you lose to a team that doesn’t complete a single pass on the day. Unbelievable.
- D.J. Shockley on Aaron Murray: “But in my book, he’s No. 1. He’s done it all. The numbers don’t lie. He’s put them in position, and obviously he can’t play defense and special teams. He’s definitely had a great career and worthy of being one of the best.”
- Johnny Football’s going to
make announce a decision about his future before TAMU’s bowl game.
- “The celebration by locals that for decades has been Florida football has more of an atmosphere of “Let’s just get this over with.”“
- Revenge is a dish best served urnge.
- The financial aid deals Georgia signed with two recruits this week have five-year terms. Still haven’t seen a downside for a recruit to do this.
- It’s been a roller coaster ride for Arkansas’ seniors.
- Want something to worry about in today’s game in Athens? Kentucky’s defensive ends are fifth and seventh in the conference in sacks.
Life goes on and the buffet line is open.
Now this is job security: Muschamp’s got Foley, Machen and Finebaum in his corner. For a year, anyway.
It’s pretty funny how Finebaum’s seal of approval is offered as something definitive. Maybe Boom should publicly thank him for the show of support.
It’s moments like this that make you realize how special this season is turning out to be for Florida.
Then again, only eight Gators bothered to head to the southeast corner after the game to join the band for Florida, Our Alma Mater.
“I thought we only did it when we win,” Murphy said.
Some expletives shouldn’t be deleted. This is one of those.
I don’t think Boom is getting fired, even if the Gators suffer through a losing season. But I wonder how he’ll react if Foley dictates in the offseason that some changes have to be made on the coaching staff.
Grab that knife and fork and go, folks.
At some point, it gets so bad all Boom can do is laugh to keep from crying.
If that had happened in Athens, though, somebody would have been arrested.