Finally, it’s here. Celebrate with the buffet.
- Here’s a team-by-team look at the SEC in season-openers.
- Statistical pessimism about Georgia’s 2013 season here.
- Year2 explores how much a bye week matters.
- George O’Leary demonstrates that he’s not just an ordinary asshole, he’s a tone-deaf asshole.
- MaconDawg ranks the SEC coaches on likeability.
- The War on Drugs is widely seen as an abject failure, but Georgia’s new president decides to go all in on Michael Adams’ quest to have the SEC adopt a uniform drug policy, presumably matching his own. Good luck with that, Jere.
- The season hasn’t started, but Paul Johnson is already in mid-season complaint form. On the one hand, “It’s a big mistake to think that teams play for their league.” On the other, “If you watch ESPN, it’s a 24-hour non-stop commercial for the SEC.”
- Here’s some lazy, clichéd Aaron Murray talk from Matt Hayes.
- If you’re interested in stuff like this, here’s a post on all the uniform changes in college football this season.
My go-to July Fourth clip:
Love ya’, Murica. Happy birthday!
If anybody really thinks that no bowl game on Earth would take a Notre Dame squad with a winning record… well, I’m still sitting on some very attractive oceanfront property in Hahira. We need to talk.
At least these cretins have enough sense not to show themselves on a football Saturday, because I doubt they’d make it out of the Grove in one piece if they tried.
Short line, but tasty.
- Josh Harvey-Clemons has a metabolism problem. I hate him for that.
- More Aaron Murray stat trivia.
- Aw, shucks.
- “That is going to blow a lot of phones up.”
- Check out this fun exercise over at the College Football Matrix blog winnowing out the eleven teams that are most likely to play for a national title this season.
- Non-football, but if there’s a funnier punchline in a recent crime story than “Sebring Police Cmdr. Steve Carr said police did not arrest the dog…”, I haven’t seen it.
Jesus, people, how many times do I have to say this? It’s one kid in one recruiting class. It’s not the end of the world. And it’s sure not big enough to make asses out of yourselves.
Go get a plate.
- What cracks me up about this story isn’t that Tennessee cops can’t tell the difference between a marijuana leaf and the Ohio State symbol. It’s that they think drug dealers are stupid enough to advertise their wares on their cars.
- Georgia Tech’s participation in the last ACCCG had the effect on FSU ticket sales you might have guessed. In other words, Chantastic!
- Georgia announces a study into the long-term effects of high school football.
- Bill Connelly kicks off the preseason review field with a look at newly minted D-1 member Georgia State. Based on his piece, anybody wonder how soon GSU achieves parity with Georgia Tech?
- “… of the 20 Georgia recruits that were rated as ‘2’ or ‘No’ stars during the last 13 years, EIGHT of them were signed in Richt’s initial season of 2001.”
- I’d find John Infante’s be-careful-what-you-wish-for take on the O’Bannon suit more persuasive if the NCAA weren’t so stubborn about trying to find some sort of reasonable settlement with the plaintiffs.
- And in non-football (although I guess you could call it tailgating) news, the Maker’s Mark folks have their New Coke moment.