Category Archives: Georgia Southern Football
Grab a plate and get to it.
- I think this is what they mean by irony: “The healthiest defensive back for Georgia right now is sophomore safety Josh Harvey-Clemons, who is suspended for the opener after admitting to police this spring that he had been smoking marijuana.” Weed makes you strong!
- Chad Morris promises Georgia 100% of Clemson’s playbook.
- I wonder if anybody ever talks to Paul Johnson now the way Erk talked to Paul Johnson.
- You’ve been warned: Chris Fowler promises that ESPN will cover the Manziel story “just like we had to cover the investigation into Cam Newton at Auburn.” Yech.
- Al.com apologizes for being sexist in a football story it ran. You wonder how many readers even noticed in the first place.
- Maybe Al.com should have checked with Siri first.
- Christian Robinson turned down a NFL camp invite to stay in Athens as a GA.
- Here’s something else the Georgia offense was good at last season.
If you’re hungry, grab a plate.
- Georgia Southern is moving to the Sun Belt Conference. That’s good news for Georgia, as it means there will be one less FCS opponent on future schedules.
- Evidently, we think college players shouldn’t be paid, but college coaches should be paid more. Weird.
- Speaking of paying college players, this is some well-played snark from the AJ-C, of all places.
- The media’s strange fixation with what it thinks Jadeveon Clowney ought to be doing with his football career goes in a new direction.
- John Infante thinks a little sunshine would work wonders on SEC oversigning. Methinks Nick Saban could care less about that.
- March Madness usually inspires some really stupid thoughts about what college football can take from the basketball tourney, and CFN delivers, in spades.
- If you’re a Vol fan living in a certain place, Charlie Pierce describes how the Georgia-Tennessee water war could lead to your worst nightmare.