Okay, maybe it’s just a compliment.
Category Archives: PAWWWLLL!!!
I’m starting to wonder if it’s possible Finebaum could outlive his welcome on the WWL. Eh, who am I kidding?
A pre-game buffet for your dining pleasure.
- Will Muschamp calls into radio show that Jeremy Foley is covering for him. Hilarity ensues, if you’re a Gator fan, I guess.
- In the wake of the complaints from the Clemson game, Georgia announces it will come up with a new student seating plan.
- Finally, Tim Tebow does something everyone can appreciate.
- Here’s the latest Seth and Gentry Show, in which a certain blog receives mention.
- The O’Bannon plaintiffs will not appeal a federal judge’s ruling or injunction in their case against the NCAA.
- Nebraska fan has classic “you kids! get offa my lawn!” moment. (I have to admit “hip-hop hogwash” is a potential Lexicon candidate.)
- Snark about the South Carolina fan base.
- PAWWWLLL, that’s just not ‘Murican.
- It’s seems like there’s a “the most Alabama thing you’ll read today” story every week. Todays? “It was a very well-kept bathroom, as we would expect from such a perfect coach.” That’s a little creepy.
- Here’s what a big win will get you: Georgia now commands college football’s second-most expensive ticket prices on the secondary market.
Now here’s a surreal exchange:
Weeks later, a caller identified as “David from Athens” on Paul Finebaum’s show on the new SEC Network told the host that it was national title or bust in his mind, and that “if we can’t do it this year, Mark Richt needs to be fired.”
Finebaum, who has been tough on Richt in the past, quickly put the brakes on that, saying “he’s one of the best coaches in the league.”
The caller told Finebaum that anybody can come in and win 10 games at Georgia.
Finebaum’s gone soft.
I can’t say I feel sorry for the guy for this…
… but for the first time regarding Finebaum, words fail me.
Honestly, between the two of them, it’s impossible to say for whom I have more contempt. Gah.