Quite a few teams got manhandled this week, which made this week’s poll a little easier in some ways and a little harder in others (it’s getting more crowded at the bottom, y’all.)
Also, don’t forget I consider the two Mississippi schools co-leaders for now, and am arbitrarily flipping them back and forth each week until somebody loses.
- Mississippi. Ole Miss’ defense is something else to watch.
- Mississippi State. Handling adversity hasn’t been a problem this season. How about handling success?
- Auburn. That road win at Kansas State looks more stout.
- Georgia. Hmm. How much do you think a Nick Chubb autograph is worth now?
- Alabama. Junior makes a comeback.
- LSU. Believe it or not, this is the only other team besides the top five that is positive in net conference scoring.
- Missouri. This is purely a “I’ve got to put some team there” vote. At least the Tigers have a good defense.
- Texas A&M. Now you don’t talk so loud. Now you don’t seem so proud.
- South Carolina. A win’s a win. Hey, didn’t we used to say that about Vanderbilt?
- Kentucky. At least the ‘Cats have a couple of conference wins.
- Florida. So do the Gators, but at this point that’s almost hard to believe.
- Arkansas. Don’t feel too bad, Hogs. At least you’re still due.
- Tennessee. The Vols’ offense is regressing, which is probably not a good thing when your next opponent is Alabama.
- Vanderbilt. A bye week means never having to get sealclubbed by a good conference opponent.