One Vegas sportsbook has Georgia as the favorite to win the national title.
Category Archives: What’s Bet In Vegas Stays In Vegas
I’m leaving tomorrow, so enjoy the buffet while you can get it.
- Georgia is a 13-point favorite Saturday. Matt Melton reminds us that the Dawgs are 4-7-1 ATS over the past two seasons as a favorite against a fellow SEC team.
- This Jeff Schultz column about Richt is so gracious that I’m not going to resort to any snark about it.
- “The question is, if Georgia eventually makes the playoffs and faces Florida State, what will they call that game?”
- Good nuts and bolts piece on the comeback of the fullback in modern offenses.
- Conference USA has hired a public relations firm to help promote the conference and make Marshall’s case with respect to the first College Football Playoff. Oy.
- It’s not been a fun year for Steve Spurrier.
- In case you couldn’t tell last night, the selection committee is pretty full of itself.
- Tommy Bowden, self-proclaimed “Christian Conservative”, thinks Condoleezza Rice would make a good president, but isn’t qualified to sit on the selection committee.
- I’m not sure Dave Brandon gets this whole athletic director thing. Or at least the part about dealing with the fan base.
Florida is now a 13-point Cocktail Party underdog, after opening at +10.
I guess Vegas isn’t as impressed with the quarterback change as I am.
- Georgia’s giving 32.5 against Vanderbilt.
- Kentucky is getting 10 against South Carolina.
- Auburn is favored by 8.5 over LSU.
- Tennessee is a one-point underdog against Florida.
- Alabama is giving 4 against Ole Miss.
- And Texas A&M is favored by a point against Mississippi State.
Jump right in, peeps.
- I guess this ESPN piece is saying that Mark Richt’s played a lot of freshmen because he’s lost control of something.
- While you’re reading Myerberg, here’s his preview of #15 Clemson.
- Speaking of the Tigers, their defense is preparing for Todd Gurley.
- Here’s Bovada’s list of regular season over/unders on wins for SEC teams.
- Phil Steele gives us his list of teams overrated and underrated in the AP preseason poll. Georgia shows up at #5 on the underrated list.
- The AB-H guys are also on Dawg Sports Radio. Their first offering is worth a listen, if only to hear Chad Simmons talk about Jeremy Pruitt’s recruiting style. (Dial it up to the 20:20 mark for that.)
- Check out Mark Richt’s winning percentage on the road after a bye week.
- “If you’ve got a quarterback, you’ve got a chance.”