[NOTE: Original post with comments here.]
I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before, but GTP’s second poll is all about the D-1 football postseason and which format you’d prefer to see. For the purpose of this exercise, don’t worry about the horsetrading it would take to get where you want to go. I simply want to see what everyone likes the best.
Here are some details on your choices:
- Blutarsky’s eight-team, conference champs only playoff: reduce D-1 to eight ten-team power conferences, with some judicious rejiggering to balance out conference strength.
- Eight-team, current conference champs only playoff: Troy would be in, Florida would be out. So would the polls and computers, though.
- BCS Guru’s “plus one”.
- Mike Slive’s “plus one”.
- Eight-team playoff, based on top eight teams in BCS rankings.
- Sixteen-team playoff, based on conference champs plus eight other highest-ranked teams in BCS standings.
- 1-AA sized playoff (20-24 teams)
- The BCS
- Your father’s postseason: bowls without BCS. Ahhh, the way we were. JoePa’s favorite.
- Other (describe in comments)
Alrighty then – let’s see what we’ve got.