Like I’ve said, every once in a while, TSN’s Tom Dienhart does a passable job.
He’s got a column up today that takes a look at each SEC school’s offensive and defensive priorities entering spring practice. It’s a decent summary, even if it’s a bit obvious in some cases.
Here’s what he notes about Georgia:
Spring practice starts/game: March 5/April 7
1. The line needs to be stabilized with only two starters and four lettermen back. Keep an eye on two redshirt freshmen and two JUCOs.
2. The job of whipping the line into shape belongs to new coach Stacey Searels, who arrives from LSU. Is he up for the job?
3. Keep an eye on WR Sean Bailey, who’s trying to come back from a knee injury.
1. The unit must break in three new starting linebackers.
2. The staff will search for two new ends with Quentin Moses and Charles Johnson gone.
3. Depth along the interior line must be developed.