Short Attention Span Theater – as soon as everyone gets done taking shots at the entire Michigan program post-Apocalypse Carr (I guess that was my shot), the next target looks to be the polls.
Here’s a sampling of what’s already starting to bubble up through the primordial ooze of the ‘Net.
- One blogger’s opinion. “The fact that the Wolverines currently sit at #5 in both polls is, in my opinion, an indictment on the system as a whole. I believe the err to be so great, that we should immediately suspend both the AP and USA Today Coaches’ Poll from the record. These organizations should refrain from releasing any further polls until such time as enough games have been played to accurately determine which teams have earned top 25 designation.”
- These guys are probably feeling a little smug right now for not having their first poll come out until this Sunday.
- ‘Bama fan’s take: at least we beat our cupcake. Rank us, baby!
- Forget those preseason polls. How come nobody’s complaining about those preseason player watch lists? (Uh… here’s a hint – nobody qualifies for the BCS based on a player watch list.)
- And, while we’re at it, don’t forget about Clemmins-FSU.