From what I saw from the couch:
- What do you get when you take this game and make the Gator defense worse? Why, you get this game. Florida under Meyer has now lost two games in which it was highly ranked and been +4 and +5 in turnover margin. That’s not easy to do. It just goes to show that Heisman Trophy winner or not, it pays to go after the quarterback in Florida’s spread offense hard and heavy.
- That Joe McKnight’s a pretty good looking ballplayer.
- I continue to think that Tubs is kidding himself when he insists that Auburn will continue to be a physical team on offense in its new-fangled spread scheme. But Mario Fannin and Kodi Burns look like they might prosper in it.
- So far, being an interim head coach in a bowl game hasn’t been all it’s cracked up to be. Just sayin’, West Virginia fans.
- Chan gets canned, and Tech loses six games in a season for the first time since 2003. All that progress, gone.
- Kentucky struggles against a FSU team missing almost a third of its roster, is losing a bunch of its starters to graduation… and 66 year old Rich Brooks wants to coach there at least another five years. These truly are the good old days in Lexington.