CFN has a piece up today inviting its writers to provide their college football wish lists for 2008.
In the spirit of the season, I thought I’d join in, sort of. So here’s my college football media wish list for 2008, in no particular order.
- It would be great if Matt Hayes would watch a Georgia football game or two before opining about the Dawgs. Or just do some general research before hitting the keyboard.
- Kirk Herbstreit cuts back on his embarrassing tendency to lobby for the BCS title game.
- John Feinstein to write exclusively about college basketball and golf, so he can’t plague us with any more excruciatingly stupid columns about football.
- The New York Times displaying a less haughty attitude about sports bloggers… in its blog. The same from the thin (albeit clean)-skinned Stewart Mandel.
- A better sense of perspective about coaches and job prospects would be nice. Feel free to call a spade a spade, but make sure the cards are dealt first.
- Stay goofy, Tom Dienhart.
- Don’t ever change, Stewart Mandel, or half of the college football bloggers out there wouldn’t have as much to post about.
- More Ivan Maisel, please.
- Less self-pity from Chip Towers.
- More Bruce Feldman.
- A little more – hell, a lot more – forthrightness from Dennis Dodd when he makes a crucial error in a column.