Here’s what a little ‘Net surfing turned up this morning:
- Pete Fiutak tosses out a challenge that any reader here could answer, when he says about Wisconsin’s ’08 schedule: “It’s really not as bad as you think, and it’s certainly not the Kansas slate of last year. You’re right that Akron, Marshall, and closing out with Cal Poly, is a joke, but it’s comparable to what most BCS teams have, while there’s a sneaky-tough trip to Fresno State. Give me the BCS team, other than UCLA going to BYU that has as tough a non-BCS road trip as this one.”
- ‘Da spread, ‘da spread. What’s the over/under on when this whole “it’s changing college football as we know it forevah” meme jumps the shark?
- Speaking of the spread, meet Dan LeFevour, quarterback of Georgia’s second week opponent this season.
- And, speaking of Georgia, here’s a little cold water dousing on the Dawgs’ title hopes this season. (h/t Dawgbone)
- When it comes to college conferences, the Orlando Sentinel’s Tim Stephens thinks Terry Holland may be on to something when he says bigger is better.