Presumably you guys know the general drill for this. I’m tracking seven statistical categories that the Dawgs excelled in during the seasons they appeared in the SECCG under Richt. Those are as follows:
- Hold opponents under 17 points per game.
- Finish at least +8 in turnover margin.
- Average better than 380 yards per game on offense.
- Finish in the top five in total defensive yardage.
- Finish in the top three in first downs.
- Finish no worse than third in passing yardage.
- Finish at least third in sacks.
And here’s how things currently stack up for Georgia in the SEC statistical rankings.
- Defensive scoring: 19.2 ppg
- Turnover margin: +2 (+0.40 pg)
- Total offense: 424.8 ypg
- Total defense: 8th (286.8 ypg)
- First downs: 2nd (20.8 pg)
- Passing offense: 1st (263.4 ypg)
- Sacks by: 2nd (11)
As you can see, its standings took a bit of a hit, which isn’t surprising considering what happened Saturday night. Overall, though, there’s nothing developing that can’t be shored up at this point.