OK, the first official Mumme Poll ballots will be cast starting Sunday morning.
I’ve got just a few rules of voting etiquette that I ask everyone to be mindful of:
- Be kind to your host and use the reply chain we started last week to cast your ballot. I’ve got enough on my plate with this and really don’t want to have to add to it by going back and verifying 59 separate e-mail addresses.
- This only got messed up on two or three ballots, but again, remember that you’re voting for twelve schools and designating the five best of those twelve. Don’t worry if you screw up your ballot, though. I’ll give you a chance to fix it.
- Don’t try to game the system.
- In addition to giving me your lists, I’d also like to know how much time you spent composing your ballot. There is no wrong answer on this. I’m simply interested in seeing if we justify a premise that I made about how this would seem to be a method that would make it easier for the coaches to put sufficient thought into their rankings.
- Also, feel free to include your thoughts about why you ranked the schools they way you did. Unless you object, I’ll publish some of the more interesting ones.
I’ll post my ballot on Monday and the results on Tuesday. As always, your suggestions are more than welcome.