REST OF TOP TWELVE
- Ohio State
- Penn State
- Southern California
- Texas Tech
- One big plus to approval voting is apparent at this time of the season when there are several undefeated teams with merit: it’s a lot easier to select a group of top five than to rank a top five in order.
- That being said, with the slate of games coming up this weekend, there’s going to be a fair amount of reshuffling of teams’ positions in the next ballot.
- Texas Tech’s schedule to date is awful. Because of that, there’s no way I could rank the Red Raiders as high as they appear in the polls, but I grudgingly include them in my top twelve.
- I thought long and hard about listing Vanderbilt instead of Utah in my top twelve, but their schedules are comparable and Utah’s a much better team statistically speaking than Vandy is right now.
- Team stats that impress me – Oklahoma and Alabama have yet to trail in a game this season and Missouri has not had a three and out on offense so far.