- Did you know that 2008 marks the first time that Notre Dame has started off a season – any season – 4-1 but isn’t ranked?
- In spite of that, Dennis Dodd thinks Notre Dame has a better chance of getting to a BCS bowl right now than Vanderbilt does of getting to any bowl. Call him the anti-Mandel on that one.
- Check out this little tidbit from ESPN.com’s Ivan Maisel: “… one assistant coach who has seen the Razorbacks up close last year and this year said they are not playing nearly as hard for Bobby Petrino as they did for Houston Nutt.” I bet the folks in Fayetteville will want to check out Maisel’s phone records after seeing that.
- And from that same ESPN piece we learn that there are 18 bowl teams from last year that currently have a losing record. Ouch.
- Joe at Coaches Hot Seat Blog speculates there’s nothing going on with Tuberville, Franklin and the Auburn offense that can’t be figured out at Cracker Barrel.
- When dumbasses support the head coach, sometimes it isn’t pretty.