- Penn State
BEST OF THE REST
- Boise State
- Oklahoma State
- Southern California
- Texas Tech
- The only tough call for me was at #12. In the end, I like Boise’s win against Oregon over anything Ohio State’s done so far.
- Florida’s resume strikes me as a tiny bit better than Georgia’s and Southern Cal’s right now. The Gators’ loss was due to sloppiness with the ball; the Dawgs and Trojans simply got dominated, at least for a half, in their losses. That, of course, will not matter after Saturday, I hope.
- LSU, you’re dead to me now.
- I don’t think that Texas Tech’s win over Kansas was as big as a lot of folks make out – the Jayhawk defense looked flat out awful – but I don’t feel bad about including Leach’s crew in the dirty dozen this week. Now if they beat Texas, that will make things interesting composing a ballot next week.
- No school from the ACC or the Big East even crossed my mind in putting this ballot together.