Lots of items to sample this morning:
- I’m a sucker for stories like this. Geno Atkins, bless you and your mom. I’ll be cheering loudly for both of you at next year’s Senior Day.
- It looks like the glow is starting to wear off a bit for the Zooker. If you listen carefully, you can hear the faint cry of Gator fans everywhere saying, “we told you so.”
- By now, everyone’s heard about Muschamp being named heir apparent at Texas. Nine hundred large as an assistant living in Austin – who can blame him? But who knows if it works out, either? The bigger story seems to me that he’s off the dating scene this year for a number of head coaching opportunities at other schools. That’s the part that makes Texas look really smart right now.
- Speaking of head coaching searches, this may be the lamest thing Dennis Dodd has ever posted. And that’s saying a lot.
- Gotta hand it to Spurdog – he suffers the worst defeat of his career and he’s still got the instincts to mock another head coach: “I saw Charlie Weis on TV today. He’s happy as he can be Notre Dame has got their sixth win and they’re bowl eligible…” If anyone can figure out a way to be an asshole at his own funeral, it’ll be Steve Spurrier.
- Imagine a world with playoffs. (h/t The Wizard of Odds)
- Did you know that in the five year period from 2002 to 2007 Texas Tech spent more money on its football program than either Texas or Oklahoma did? Genius has its cost. You might want to keep that in mind, Tennessee fans.
- OK, monkeys really are flying out of my butt.
- Mark Richt had a lot to say this week when he went down to Macon. David Hale and Travis Fain have some good quotes worth reading.
- And David’s taken it on himself to do something that’s, given the emotional state of the Dawgnation right now, either brave or masochistic: he’s hosting a live chat tomorrow at 2 PM.