Believe it or not, there are things happening outside of the Classic City in the world of college football:
- The more I think about it, this is a damned good question.
- If this is true (h/t The Wiz of Odds), Charlie Weis ain’t going anywhere any time soon. He and Notre Dame deserve each other.
- Say what you will about him, Mike Leach is never short on ideas. He’s got a unique suggestion about how to cut the knot on the three-way tie in the Big XII South: graduation rates (h/t The Wiz of Odds). Of course, the fact that they favor Texas Tech never entered his mind when he thought it up, right?
- Georgia didn’t have the only epic fail on defense in the crunch yesterday. And this one cost its school a helluva lot more.
- What coach in his right mind would take the Mississippi State job? A retread, sure. The Bulldog AD needs to think way outside the box on this hire, though – and realize that if he hits paydirt with a good pick, he’ll probably lose him within five years.
- OK, OK, one Georgia question: what happens if the Capital One Bowl doesn’t pick the Dawgs?