The usual run of tasty morsels for your enjoyment:
- If Florida loses the BCS title game, at least it’s got the scapegoat lined up. That’s good coaching, Urban.
- Has an AP first team All-American ever been on the field for fewer plays than Terrence Cody?
- If you’re looking for a particularly harsh evaluation of the Georgia program, check out the last paragraph of this piece.
- As if anyone doubted this, Jimmy Sexton versus Bobby Lowder/Jimmy Rane isn’t exactly a fair fight. (h/t The Wiz of Odds)
- If the Auburn coaching search has brought out the worst in the Auburn administration, it’s brought out the best in the blogosphere. This is a particularly inspired take on Kyle King’s “Mark Richt Victory Watch” tribute, featuring Gene Chizik. As the author notes, it’s a short journey.
- Speaking of Auburn and the blogosphere, bloggers are starting to line up to push the concept of Tommy Tuberville, defensive coordinator. (Personally, I think Tubby is made for TV.)
- And speaking of defensive coordinators, in an era where people talk a good game about accountability but rarely practice it, you’ve got to admire former Michigan DC Scott Shafer’s take on things. That’s an honorable man.