A few random observations from the title game:
- That Bob “Mr. BCS” Stoops is quite a card, isn’t he? His team blows two red zone opportunities in the first half without a score (remember, Oklahoma led the nation in red zone scoring percentage and red zone touchdown percentage in the regular season) and he tells the Fox sideline reporter that “he’s OK with it”. In reality, that was the ballgame. No word on whether Stoops was OK with the final score.
- Speaking of Fox, what are those people thinking? After last year’s Sugar Bowl, it’s not like it’s any big surprise that Thom Brennaman absolutely sucks calling BCS games. Losing track of the downs on the Oklahoma series on the goal line was a complete embarrassment. And the guy simply can’t shut up. May he come down with a month-long case of laryngitis next January.
- No complaints about Tebow being named the MVP, I guess, but it’s time for Percy Harvin to declare for the NFL draft.
- Either that was the best game I’ve seen Florida’s defensive line play this year, or the Oklahoma offensive line was seriously overrated.
- From a selfish standpoint, Bobo needs to make a conscious effort next season at bringing the tight end back into the offense. Last night, the tight ends combined for thirteen catches – that’s three more than Georgia’s TEs caught all season.