Feel free to sample to your heart’s content:
- Who knows what it means over the long haul, but Dan Mullen sure seems to be kicking the Nuttster’s arse on the recruiting trail so far.
- Brian Cook alert: not only does DeWayne Walker plan to oversign, he’s bragging about it.
- When you’ve got open speculation that Randy Shannon may take back the DC reins at Da U as a cost-saving measure, that’s a pretty good indication that Willie Martinez won’t be seeing palm trees in his immediate future.
- If Auburn sounds a little desperate in its quarterback recruiting these days, that’s probably because it is.
- College football – still the sport of choice for young rednecks with a degree.
- I hope Bryan McClendon turns out to be a bargain. With that starting salary, it shouldn’t be too hard, right?
- If you need proof that Notre Dame fans are feeling it after that awesome showing in the Hawai’i Bowl, look no further than Bruce Feldman’s mailbag. At least that guy’s a fan, though. What’s Matt Hayes’ excuse?
The Wiz has his annual Cheapest Shot of the Season poll up now. There’s plenty of ugly stuff to peruse.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a true cheap shot contest without some Auburn offensive lineman going after an opponent’s knee. Yep, it’s tradition that makes college football special.
Coming from a member of a fanbase that used to delude itself on a regular basis by insisting that Corey Jenkins was going to win a Heisman Trophy before he left Columbia for a glorious career in the NFL, that’s especially rich.
I have no idea how Stafford’s pro career will turn out, but the idea that he’ll “ruin the franchise” if the Lions draft him is laughable. The team didn’t win a game last year. There’s no place to go but up, Stafford or no Stafford.
You’d think a Gamecock fan would understand that.
How’s this for perspective?
The last time the NFL Cardinals won a championship, the star of the game was… Charlie Trippi. In his rookie season.
That’s some drought. No wonder he can’t remember too many of the details.