Feel free to sample to your heart’s content:
- Who knows what it means over the long haul, but Dan Mullen sure seems to be kicking the Nuttster’s arse on the recruiting trail so far.
- Brian Cook alert: not only does DeWayne Walker plan to oversign, he’s bragging about it.
- When you’ve got open speculation that Randy Shannon may take back the DC reins at Da U as a cost-saving measure, that’s a pretty good indication that Willie Martinez won’t be seeing palm trees in his immediate future.
- If Auburn sounds a little desperate in its quarterback recruiting these days, that’s probably because it is.
- College football – still the sport of choice for young rednecks with a degree.
- I hope Bryan McClendon turns out to be a bargain. With that starting salary, it shouldn’t be too hard, right?
- If you need proof that Notre Dame fans are feeling it after that awesome showing in the Hawai’i Bowl, look no further than Bruce Feldman’s mailbag. At least that guy’s a fan, though. What’s Matt Hayes’ excuse?
9 responses to “Tuesday breakfast bits”
The demographics are intriguing.
It seems baseball is aging with the older generation (over 65). Auto racing holds down 50-64. Forty somethings aren’t too committed to anything in particular. Thirty somethings love NFL football. And twenty somethings love college football.
Looking at the sports survey by the Harris Poll, I can’t help but wonder if they did it during a different season, if the results would be the same…
You know rednecks only have a short attention span, and the sport on the top of the mind in December is football… Might be racing in the spring or baseball in the summer…
What the hell is up with Matt’s reasoning for ND? Clausen sucked and ND lost a bunch of games, but he beat Hawai’i and so he’ll be awesome? Whooza-whatsit?
Y’all are reading his column in the offseason, right?
+1 Matt Hayes
Bryan McClendon a “bargain”?
25 years old and making 90k. That’ll buy a lot of beer! Things are looking great and only getting better.
I’m happy for him.
When Trooper Taylor is pulling down 400 large a year, yeah, that’s a bargain.
I hope there are many big raises in store for Bryan at Georgia.
I realize Bryan doesn’t have a lot of experience, but I’m kind of surpriesd at that number. I figured he’d at least be over the 100 mark. Oh well, I’m sure he & his wife are thrilled w/ the opportunity & a sizeable pay increase. Ditto – I hope big raises at UGA are in his near future as well!
I’m sure he’s just a few chest bumps away from Trooper dollars 😉
Maybe B-Mac should wear a backwards baseball cap.
Dan Mullen will get his teeth kicked in, thank God his dumb ass is gone to MSU!