A few things popping up on them internets for your review:
- Barry Tramel suggests that college juniors ought to have more bargaining strength with regard to eligibility and the NFL draft. He makes some good points – particularly with regard to emasculating agents with these kids – which means it has the proverbial snowball’s chance of happening.
- Doug Williams may be a bitter man, but that doesn’t mean he’s not observant. And right.
- This is a pretty run-of-the-mill D-1 playoff proposal. I’m just linking to it because it’s (1) pitched by a man of the cloth and (2) involves the casting of lots. How biblical.
- You want proof that times are tough, economically speaking? ESPN is looking at job cuts and a hiring freeze.
- On the other hand, it looks like Pam Ward will be gainfully employed through the 2016-17 school year. Pity.
- Over at Smart Football, Chris has a post up about the man who may be Matt Stafford’s next head coach. Interesting guy (Schwartz, not Stafford).
- Meet Shane Beamer, the Swiss Army Knife of college assistant coaches.