Grab a plate and line up.
- Here’s another reason why minority coaches may have an easier path in the NFL than in the college ranks – the trend in the pros to avoid the star coach hire.
- Even dead celebrities prefer a D-1 playoff, it seems.
- Logan Gray has to be the forgotten man of Georgia football. Everyone seems to skip directly from Joe Cox to the incoming freshmen in reviewing the QB position. Hopefully Gray can do something to refresh their memories.
- Give him credit – Bernie Machen’s got one helluva shtick going. He pitches a poorly thought out playoff proposal to his SEC peers, bails out and votes against his own proposal when the going gets tough and yet still gets cited as a go-to guy by the national media on playoffs. Nice work if you can get it.
- I guess some coaches would be opposed to an early signing period. At least sometimes.
- That leadership thing is still the subject of many posts in the Georgia blogosphere. David Hale offered some follow up observations yesterday to his earlier post on the subject and Marc Weiszer reminds us that one of the departing players who kinda, sorta got a nudge, nudge, wink, wink thrown his way about leadership last year raised that issue himself before the Cap One Bowl.